Batter up! Check out the Washington Wild Things’ popular Kids Eat Free Program, back for 2022
Photo above courtesy of the Washington Wild Things.
The Washington Wild Things are entering their 20th season of Frontier League baseball this year, and they’re inviting local families to come and help them celebrate: All summer long, their popular free Kids Membership program will include Kids Eat Free Sundays, where kids 12 years of age and younger receive a free ticket to all Sunday home games, plus a free meal at the ballpark.
Kids Eat Free Sundays, presented by PA Virtual Charter School, offer a great savings for families. Here’s how it works: Following registration, kids 12 and under will get a free ticket and a meal (hot dog, chips and a drink) for every Sunday home game. And when they attend games, kids can get autographs from the Wild Things’ players.
“More than ever, there is a need to create great, family memories at the ballpark and introduce the game to our next generation of fans,” said president and general manager Tony Buccilli. “We are so proud of our Kids Eat Free program and the partnership with PA Virtual Charter School. It is great to see our efforts paying off and families spending quality time together watching baseball.”
There’s even a bonus: At each game they attend, kids will receive a coupon for a free donut from Dunkin’ and a coupon for $2 off a kid’s haircut at Cookie Cutters in McMurray.
Learn more and get registered for free right here. (Previously registered kids will not need to be registered again.)
Gates open at 4:30 p.m. every Sunday, with the first pitch slated for 5:35 p.m. Here’s the schedule for Kids Eat Free Sundays this year:
- May 15 (vs New York Boulders): Mascot-A-Palooza presented by Point Park University – It’s Wild Thing’s birthday! Come out for the celebration and join other mascots from around the tri-state area in wishing Wild Thing a Happy Birthday. The first 250 kids will receive an autograph book, presented by Point Park University.
- May 22 (vs Empire State Greys): Nickelodeon Night presented by Q 92.9 FM – Special guests SpongeBob, Patrick Star and Garfield will be at the ballpark while we also play Nickelodeon music, clips and more.
- May 29 (vs New Jersey Jackals): Star Wars Night presented by PA Virtual Charter School – From a galaxy far, far away, it’s Star Wars Night at the ballpark. The clips and sounds of Star Wars will fill Wild Things Park and special guests Kylo Ren, Rey and Luke Skywalker appear. The first 250 kids receive a lightsaber when they enter the park.
- June 12 (vs Schaumburg Boomers): Harry Potter Night presented by Bethel Bakery – Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger will be at the stadium while the clips and sounds of Hogwarts fill the air.
- July 10 (vs Joliet Slammers): Christmas in July presented by Grandpa Joe’s Candy Shop – Santa, Buddy the Elf and Jovie are the special guests of the Wild Things. Remember, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
- July 31 (vs Québec Capitales): Halloween Night presented by Moe’s Southwest Grille – Trick or treat at Wild Things Park and wear your favorite costume to the party.
- August 7 (vs Lake Erie Crushers): Super Hero Night presented by Malesic and Evans at Realty One – Defend Wild Things Park with heroes Spiderman, Wonder Woman and the Black Panther and dress up in your own superhero or villain costumes for the game!
- August 21 (vs Evansville Otters): Disney Night presented by Moe’s Southwest Grille – Guests Zoey, Zed and Addison from Z-O-M-B-I-E-S appear at the ballyard while the sounds and clips of Disney from over the years create a great atmosphere.
- September 4 (vs Windy City ThunderBolts): Princess Night presented by Fairy Tale Princess Visits – Cinderella, Jasmine and Elsa join us at the stadium.
The Washington Wild Things open their season on May 13 against the New York Boulders. Individual tickets are on sale now. And the Wild Things’ organization and Wild Things Park has been selected as the host of the 2022 Frontier League All-Star Game. The festivities will begin Saturday, July 16 and run through the game itself Wednesday, July 20. Get tickets here and learn more at washingtonwildthings.com.
ABOUT THE WASHINGTON WILD THINGS
The Washington Wild Things are a professional baseball team that plays in the MLB-partnered Frontier League. In 2022, the Wild Things are celebrating their 20th season of baseball in the longest-running independent baseball league in history with all kinds of celebrations, fun and great baseball at Wild Things Park. The team has won seven division championships and has been to four Frontier League Championship Series within their numerous playoff appearances. Fans and media can stay aware of all the happenings within the Wild Things’ organization, both on and off the field, by following the team’s social media platforms and website. Or you can call the front office at 724-250-9555.