Welcome to the Kidsburgh events listing. Most events in this calendar are user-submitted. To submit your event, please visit our Submit Event page. Please limit the file sizes of uploaded photos to 1MB (1,000KB). Photos larger than 1MB will be removed.
- This event has passed.
Garden Railroad: Farms, Food and Family
An event every day that begins at 12:00 am, repeating until January 12, 2020
Oct. 19-Jan. 12: Garden Railroad: Farms, Food and Family, Phipps Conservatory. The new miniature railroad display invites kids to explore the world of farming, complete with clucking chicks, cows, landscape goats and roving tractors.
Phipps’ new miniature railroad display Farms, Food and Family invites you and your family to celebrate and learn about farm life. With clucking chickens, mooing cows, riding tractors and even landscaping goats, Farms, Food and Family shows guests that planet-friendly farming can be a part of any space. Using exciting, animated displays, this show explores a wide range of farm types, from large rural fields to urban neighborhoods.
- See the railroad come to life with interactive push-button stations that activate animal sounds and train whistles
- Find all of the beloved miniature farm animals, such as chickens and cows, on the farms they inhabit
- Watch as trains travel through multiple farm sites from traditional to urban settings
- See examples of renewable energy farms, including moving miniature wind turbines and solar panels
- Sneak a peek at innovative farming techniques from hillside farming to goatscaping
- Check out miniature rooftop and vertical gardening displays that bring farming to urban areas