Welcome to the Kidsburgh events listing. Most events in this calendar are user-submitted. To submit your event, please visit our Submit Event page. Please limit the file sizes of uploaded photos to 1MB (1,000KB). Photos larger than 1MB will be removed.
- This event has passed.
Story Sunday: What We’ll Build: Plans for Our Together Future
April 18 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmPay what you wish
Tune in to storytime with Alyssa Velazquez, the curator of Locally Sourced, as she reads What We’ll Build: Plans for Our Together Future by Oliver Jeffers. Using special tools, a father and daughter start laying a foundation for their life together.
“What shall we build, you and I?
Let’s gather all our tools for a start.
For putting together . . .
and taking apart.”
Be inspired to build your own future filled with imagination and love.
The story will be followed by an art-making activity for children ages 12 and under. Zoom links will be sent via email upon registration, followed by a list of materials needed for the activity.
This reading is made possible with the permission of Philomel Books.
Want to attend this program but can’t make it? Register now, and you’ll receive an email after the event is over with a link to watch it any time on-demand!
For this Story Sunday we will be making a photo frame!
You will need:
- Cardboard: (think cereal box, or even sturdier). One or two per person.
- Photos: any size you like
- A pen or pencil to mark size
- A ruler to measure (shareable)
- Scissors and/or craft knife with possibly a cutting mat to cut cardboard (shareable)
- A glue gun (only if you have one, if not no worries!)
- Yarn: any color(s) one or many: enough to wrap around the cardboard frames (around 3 yards)