Welcome to the Kidsburgh events listing. Most events in this calendar are user-submitted. To submit your event, please visit our Submit Event page. Please limit the file sizes of uploaded photos to 1MB (1,000KB). Photos larger than 1MB will be removed.
- This event has passed.
Emotions at Play with Pixar’s ‘Inside Out’
November 14 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Sunday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until January 9, 2022
Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out, the first interactive exhibit based on Disney and Pixar’s hit animated feature Inside Out, makes its world premiere on Saturday, June 12, 2021, at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.
Developed by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios, the exhibit is filled with interactive experiences that help visitors understand the important role emotions, memory and imagination play in our everyday lives. Hands-on and digital experiences focus on the five emotions featured in the award-wining film: Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear. Children and families learn to recognize emotions and explore how we express and manage our emotions.
In this exhibit, visitors can:
- Step into Headquarters to explore the range and intensity of emotions at the Control Panel
- Explore some of the ways we show how we feel with our faces and bodies at the Emotions Mirrors
- Think about an important memory and how it made them feel – or show how they’re feeling currently by creating a glowing Memory Sphere
- Use their imagination to create a story and perform it at Dream Productions
- Work to keep the train on track – what feelings do you have when you control and balance the Train of Thought?
- Explore how emotions work together as they stack and balance the Emotion Blocks
Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out will be open for play at Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh through January 9, 2022, and begin its tour to museums and libraries across the country in late January 2022. The exhibit is locally supported by major sponsor PPG and presenting sponsor Chase.
The online timed-ticketing system allows visitors to reserve admission for the day and time of their choosing. Walk-up tickets may be available but are not guaranteed.