March 28 - May 7
An event every day that begins at 12:00am, repeating until May 7, 2017
Measurement is an essential part of our lives, but not always easy to understand. Gauge height, distance, mass and time using traditional – and not-so-traditional – tools and units. Learn the language of measurement and work with others to become a measuring wizard!
- HOW TALL? See how tall you are in inches, stacked pennies and the length of your own foot.
- HOW FAR? Watch the yards add up as you walk and run on the Treadmill Odometer.
- HOW MANY? Step on the Chicken Scale to see how many chickens you weigh.
- HOW SMALL? Measure and sort balls using rulers, calipers and gauges. Put balls in chutes to test your measurements.
- HOW HEAVY? Even out a large Balance Scale to weigh various objects.
- HOW MANY? Build three dimensional animals using cubic blocks.
- HOW FULL? Fill shapes and explore volume at the Bead Table.